Thursday 10 December 2009

After dinner talk Sheringham Thursday 25 March




Next Public Appearance: After dinner talk at Sheringham Museum Trust monthly dinner on Wednesday 24 March 2010 entitled: "World Peace Will Be Achieved Only When We Each Learn To Find Inner Peace Within Ourselves." The theme arises from the publication of my new book The Hostage Handbook which is a transcript with up to date commenatries of my secret shorthand diaries kept during two years as a hostage in solitary confinement in China. Being held alone cut off from the world in a hostile country for two years forced me to begin learning the importance of understanding how our individual inner life profoundly influences the world around us. I will be signing copies of the book and some of my novels for anybody who would like one after the dinner. I was an Eastern Daily Press reporter in Sheringham covering North Norfolk in 1963 before moving to join Reuters -- and travel to work in Eastern Europe and China -- and have loved the town and its people especially ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment